810 Eller O&M Building
Department of Geography
Texas A&M University
College Station, Texas 77843-3147
M. Sc Environmental Science, Tribhuvan University, Nepal, 2008
B. Sc Environmental Science, Tribhuvan University, Nepal, 2004
- Thapa, S., X. Lu, and A.K. Braimoh. 2014. China's Sloping Land Conversion Program: Are the Farmers Paid Enough? In Braimoh, A.K. and Huang, H.Q. (eds.), Vulnerability of Land Systems in Asia, John Wiley & Sons Publications, 277-284.
- Thapa, S. 2012. Medico-ethnobotany of the Magar Community in Salija VDC of Parbat District, Central Nepal. Our Nature, 10: 176-190.
- Suneetha, M. S., J. S. Rahajoe, K. Shoyama, X. Lu, S. Thapa, and A. K. Braimoh. 2011. An indicator based integrated assessment of ecosystem change and human-well-being: Selected case studies from Indonesia, China and Japan. Ecological Economics, 70(11): 2124-2136.
- Thapa, S. and M. P. Bishop. Morphographic Mapping of the Mountain Topography in the Nepalese Himalaya. Annual Meeting of the Association of American Geographers, Chicago, April 21-25, 2015.
- Thapa, S. GIS-based landslide hazard assessment in the mountain topography of Central Nepal. Student Research Week, Texas A&M University, College Station, Texas, March 23-27, 2015.
- Thapa, S. Spatial pattern analysis of natural hazards impact in Nepal. GIS Day Student Poster Competition, Texas A&M University, College Station, Texas, November 17-19, 2014.
- Thapa, S. Analysis of River Channel Migration in the Siwalik Basin of Nepal. Geography Graduate Students Research Symposium, Department of Geography, Texas A&M University, College Station, Texas, March 22, 2014.
Association of American Geographers, 2014–present
Remote Sensing Specialty Group, 2014–present
Mountain Geography Specialty Group, 2014–present
Geographic perspectives on Women Specialty Group, 2014–present
Geographic Information Science and Systems Specialty Group, 2014-present