Texas A&M University
811 O&M Building
College Station, Texas 77843
Dr. Brendan Roark
Ph.D. Geography, University of California, Berkeley, 2005
M.A. Geography, University of California, Berkeley, 2001
B.A. in Environmental Conservation, University of Colorado, Boulder 1992
Assistant Professor, Department of Geography, Texas A&M University
Postdoctoral Scholar, Stanford University
Graduate Research and Teaching Assistant, University of California, Berkeley
Research Associate, Resource Renewal Institute, Green Plan Center, San Francisco, California.
Research Assistant, Woods Hole Oceanographic Institution
Professional Research Assistant, INSTAAR - Center for Geochronological Research, Amino Acid Laboratory, Boulder, Colorado
Summer Student Fellow, Woods Hole Oceanographic Institution
Summer Internship, School of Oceanography, University of Washington, Seattle, Washington
2007 Sir Keith Murdoch Fellowship - Awarded by the American Australian Association for advanced research and study in Australia. My research is focused on trace element analysis and U-series dating in deepsea corals and tropical corals at the Research School of Earth Sciences, Australian National University.
- Costa, E., Dunbar, R.B., Kryc, K.A., Mucciarone, D.A., Brachfeld, S., Roark, E.B., Manley, P.L., Murray R.W., and Leventer, A. Solar forcing and El Niño-Southern Oscillation (ENSO) influences on productivity cycles interpreted from a late-Holocene highresolution marine sediment record, Adélie Drift, East Antarctic Margin. 10th International Symposium on Antarctic Earth Sciences Proceedings. In review.
- Roark, E.B., Guilderson, T.P., Dunbar, R.B., and Ingram, B.L., 2006. Radiocarbon based ages and growth rates: Hawaiian deep-sea corals. Marine Ecology Progress Series. 327:1-14. (Feature Article)
- Guilderson, T.P., Roark, E.B., Quay, P.D., Flood-Page, S., and Moy, C., 2006. Seawater evolution in the Gulf of Alaska: 2002 observations. Radiocarbon, 48:1-15.
- Schimmelmann, A., Lange, C.B., Roark, E.B., and Ingram, B.L., 2006. A 6,700-year stratigraphy and R record based on varve-counting and 14C-AMS dating for Santa Barbara Basin. Journal of Sedimentary Research, 76:74-80.
- Roark, E.B., Guilderson, T.P., Flood-Page, S., Dunbar, R.B., Ingram, B.L., Fallon, S.J., and McCulloch, M., 2005. Radiocarbon-based ages and growth rates of bamboo corals from the Gulf of Alaska. Geophysical Research Letters, 32, L04606, doi:10.1029/2004GL021919.