Texas A&M University
810 O&M Building 803 D
College Station, Texas 77843
- GEOG 306-Urban Geography
- GEOG 476-GIS Practicum
Dr. Xuelian Meng
Ph.D. Texas State University-San Marcos
M.S. Chinese Academy of Sciences, Beijing, China
B.E. Wuhan Technical University of Surveying and Mapping (WTUSM, now Wuhan University), Wuhan, China
- Geospatial analysis, feature extraction and 3D visualization
- Land-cover and land-use classification
- LIDAR for urban and forest, terrain mapping
- Vegetation phenology in arid and semi-arid land
Awards and Scholarships
- 2010: John I. Davidson President’s Award for Practical Papers, 3rd place, ASPRS Annual Conference
- 2008: BAE Systems Award for the best student paper, ASPRS
- 2008: The Sandra Estaville Dissertation Research Scholarship, Texas State University
- 2005: Travel Award, UCGIS
- 2004 - 2008: Graduate Student Assistantship, Texas State University
- 2003: Excellent Thesis, Chinese Academy of Sciences
- Meng, Xuelian, Nate Currit, and Kaiguang Zhao. 2010. Ground filtering algorithms for airborne LiDAR data: a review of critical issues. Remote Sensing 2(3): 833-860
- Meng, Xuelian, Le Wang, and Nate Currit. 2009. Morphology-based building detection from airborne LIDAR data. Photogrammetric Engineering & Remote Sensing 75(4): 427-442.
- Meng, Xuelian, Le Wang, J. L. Silván, and Nate Currit. 2009. A multi-directional ground filtering algorithm for airborne LIDAR. ISPRS Journal of Photogrammetry and Remote Sensing 64(1): 117-124.
- Meng, Xuelian. 2005. A slope- and elevation-based filter to remove non-ground measurements from airborne LIDAR data. UCGIS Summer Assembly, June 28-July 1, Jackson Hole, Wyoming.
- Meng, Xuelian, Gaohuan Liu, and Yanan Shi. 2003. Structure design and integration of the ecological environment database. Geo-information Science no.3: 11-15.
- Xie, Chuanjie, Xuelian Meng, Hongtao Wan, and Changqing Yao. 2002. The data model of the virtual reality GIS and its implementation based-on active object-oriented database system. Geo-information Science no. 4: 43-49.